Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rag Quilt


The next rag quilt I construct will be photographed in stages, but I am too eager to put the done stamp on my initial post to wait for that. This is the rag quilt (in LSU colors) I made for my brother-in-law, who happens to be a freshman at LSU, for Christmas this year.


Tips:
  • use flannel fabric
  • do not wash fabric before constructing quilt
  • a fresh rotary cutter will be your best friend when creating this
  • wait for a sale or use a coupon at your local fabric store to buy spring-loaded scissors for the ragging
  • pick up your crocheting and head to the laundromat - I had to empty the lent trap in the industrial dryer five times while making this. Burning out your own dryer = big bucks; burning out the laundromat's dryer = a few quarters

No comments:

Post a Comment